Te Puna Ora o Ngā Matamoe Terms & Conditions
Te Puna Ora o Ngā Matamoe (Matamoe Hub) is a community focused organisation established for students with an interest and a passion in the digital creative technology fields. Students will come together to collaborate and learn; flourishing in the collaborative waters of digital technologies here on the Miramar Peninsula.
If a student is unable to attend a class for any reason, it is essential that the Matamoe Hub co-ordinator is contacted as soon as possible via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation of Programme
If for any reason there is a need to cancel a programme i.e. civil defence emergency, road accident prohibiting access to the Matamoe Hub site the Matamoe Hub co-ordintaor will contact parents/caregivers via email.
If a tutor is ill and unable to teach a class, you will be contacted. We will always try and find a replacement tutor in the first instance, but if this is not possible, that class may be cancelled.
Guidelines and Discipline Procedures
We believe that behaviour management should be positive and nurturing and that the individual needs of the students must be taken into account. It is vital that boundaries are positive, clear and consistent so students can feel secure and happy in our environment. We believe that by positively managing student behaviour we are showing respect for their needs.
Students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to the class they are enrolled in and at all times comply with the Matamoe Hub standards and expectations. No student has the right to disrupt the learning of others and if they choose to act outside of the established expectations, they will be asked to sit out and parents/caregivers will be contacted, if applicable. If the disruptive behaviour continues to breach the Matamoe Hub standards and expectations then the enrolment will be withdrawn.
Should a student break or damage property owned by Matamoe Hub through negligence they could be liable for costs associated in repairing or replacement.
Drop off & Pick up
Students are not be dropped off and left unattended for more than 5mins before or after the class they are enrolled in. Matamoe Hub students are under supervision whilst in class time only. Whilst we endeavour to provide a safe environment, tutors and staff cannot be responsible for students outside their allocated class time.
Parents/caregivers are not permitted to observe the classes in action. Tutors may, from time to time invite parents to view 5 mins at the end of a class, if applicable.
Students are required to sign and sign out of each class. If a student does not sign into a class the tutor will contact parents/caregivers to confirm the where-abouts of the child.
Procedure for uncollected children
If a child is not collected at the end of the programme the following procedure will be followed:
- A staff member will remain with the child.
- Parents/caregivers will be contacted initially and then emergency contacts.
- If there has been no contact with the parent/caregivers within one hour of the programme closing the child will be supervised until a suitable caregiver is located and parents/caregivers may be charged a late pick-up fee.
- Police will be contacted if the child has not been picked up two hours after the close of the programme.
Health, Safety, Injury & Medical Conditions Policies and Procedures
The risk of infection precludes Matamoe Hub from taking sick children. Children must be kept at home if they contract or are showing any symptoms of any illness.
- Matamoe Hub takes all practical steps to ensure the safety of all individuals who participate in our courses. Any injury sustained through misconduct or inappropriate behaviour is the responsibility of the individual.
- Matamoe Hub will aim to provide a safe learning environment to reduce the risk of injury.
- Matamoe Hub provides qualified and experienced tutors, who actively promote safe practice.
- All Matamoe Hub tutors have been vetted by the NZ Police as required by law under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014.
- It is the student’s parents/caregivers responsibility to notify the tutor or Manager in the event of illness, injury or medical condition prior to class.
- We do not provide anyone with Paracetamol or equivalent or administer student’s medication.
- Any medical or behavioural information must be declared upon registration.
Privacy Terms & Email Contact
All information contained herein is confidential and in accordance to the Privacy Act 1993 will only be strictly used by Matamoe Hub staff to effectively care for your child and will not be used or distributed for any other purpose. Representatives from Scots College or FNZ may view this information as part of Matamoe Hub programme assessment.
I acknowledge that images of my child or items of my child’s work completed at Matamoe Hub may be used for training, marketing and/or promotional purposes. I give my consent and no further permission will be required.
Email addresses submitted during registration will be added to the Matamoe Hub contact database for the purpose of emailing for the course/s enrolled in, as well as the All Contacts list for the purposes of group communication. Participants are free to unsubscribe from either of these lists should they no longer wish to receive email updates and communications.
No gum, or food is to be consumed in the teaching spaces, however students are encouraged to bring a water bottle.
In the event of an emergency all participants are required to follow the instructions of the tutor, Matamoe staff and Emergency responders. Contact lists are on site and accessible to tutors in the event of an emergency.